Elemental Cyber Security - News
Elemental News and Events
Meetup: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Elemental Cyber Security - Adaptive Security for Cloud Workloads
What: January 2019 Meeting Topic(s) presented by Marius Bratan, CEO, Elemental Cyber Security, Inc.
Managing security in the cloud is more consequential now than ever. As members of this group, we will address trends, topics, and tools used by Cloud Security Professionals every day. This meetup is focused specifically on the experience IT Professionals have meeting compliance requirements and mitigating the risk associated with cloud workloads and data.
- - OS and application security baselines: NSA, CIS, NIST, DISA, and Microsoft.
- - Regulatory requirements: SOX, PCI, HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA, ISO27K.
- - Network and Micro-segmentation: access controls to regulate network traffic between users, systems, and groups.
- - Security configuration management and activity controls.
When: Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Where: RagingWire Data Centers (an NTT Company), 2008 Lookout · Garland, TX
ISC2 chapter meetup: Friday, January 18, 2019
Elemental Cyber Security - Risk Management Automation
What: Meeting Topic(s) presented by Elena Garrett, VP Product Management, Elemental Cyber Security, Inc.
Much has been said already on the need for risk-driven strategy for cyber security vs. compliance-driven. Yet, many companies stick with the compliance-driven security. Why?
Come to discuss with us:
- - Pros and cons of the compliance-driven versus risk-driven cybersecurity
- - How to make risk-centric approach practical and cost-effective?
- - Elements of risk-centric approach to security and compliance
- - ESP approach to risk-management automation
- - Continuous cyber security risk management and compliance automation – a pink unicorn or a real goal?
When: Friday, January 18, 2019, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Where: Murphy Community Center, 205 North Murphy Road, Murphy, TX 75094
Meetup: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Elemental Cyber Security - Adaptive Security for SMBs
What: January 2019 Meeting Topic(s) presented by Tom Allen, COO, Elemental Cyber Security, Inc.
Small and Medium Businesses (SMBs) have the same requirements in regards to Information Security as the bigger organizations do, but they don't have the same human and financial resouces and when they are breached the entire business can go bust in a matter of days. There are thousands of security solutions out there - what can you do with a limited budget? Come and find out among other topics we'll cover:
1) Advanced Persistent Threat
2) Continuous Adjustment of the Security Baseline
3) Anatomy of a Data Breach
4) Attacking the weakest Link
5) Economic Impact
6) Compliance Frameworks
7) The greatest security risk
8) Many products to choose from
9) Risk Management
10) Physical Security
11) Plan of Action and Milestones
When: Thursday, January 31, 2019, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Where: Jakes Burgers and Beer, 6195 West Main Street, Frisco, TX 75034