COMPLY WITH NIST 800-171
Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in nonfederal information systems and organizations.
If you are an organization affected by the new regulation issued by the Department of Defense (DoD) and defined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-171, you will need to demonstrate continuous compliance with 14 broadly-written security mandates dealing with network and data security, or else lose your governmental contracts.
What is your security compliance score?
Elemental understands the challenges associated with security compliance and has developed a unique framework along with innovative technologies to reduce the overall time and effort involved in demonstrating and maintaining compliance with NIST 800-171 security controls. Elemental Security Platform (ESP) is an enterprise cyber security automation framework that provides your organization with an adaptive compliance automation mechanism which addresses out-of-the-box most of the security requirements specified in NIST 800-171.
How does it work?
Within minutes of ESP software installation on target machines, the ESP system will accurately calculate your compliance score for the NIST 800-171 requirements and generate a pass/fail list of specific technical controls. With that information in hand, your team in charge of security compliance will know exactly where your weak points are, and how to address them. Through historical compliance monitoring and reporting, they can also demonstrate continuous security posture improvements to management and auditors thus reducing cost and time-to-compliance.
ESP provides policies that directly address the following security controls mandated by NIST 800-171:
- ACCESS CONTROL
- AUDIT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT
- IDENTIFICATION AND AUTHENTICATION
- INCIDENT RESPONSE
- RISK ASSESSMENT
- SECURITY ASSESSMENT
- SYSTEM AND COMMUNICATIONS PROTECTION
- SYSTEM AND INFORMATION INTEGRITY
ESP's adaptive segmentation enables the creation of logical boundaries among endpoint systems that come in contact with CUI to protect them from other systems on the network. This will allow your organization to:
- Reduce the scope and cost of the NIST 800-171 implementation to fewer endpoints
- Deploy more stringent security policies to CUI-handling systems adapting protection to environment changes
- Make it easier and cheaper to enforce and maintain security compliance following numerous targeted criteria.
Proven enterprise-class capabilities:
- Pre-defined NIST 800-171 policy templates ready to be customized and deployed
- Extensive library containing thousands of “drag-and-drop“ cyber security controls (NIST, NSA, CIS, industry best practices, etc.)
- Immediate availability of compliance scores
- 24/7 monitoring and enforcement of deployed policies
- Audit-ready logs of all security policies and system use
- Automation of security configuration management
- Deep network visibility at any managed endpoint level
- Adaptive network segmentation
- Cross-platform containment in case of compromise
Not just a compelling best-in-class technology:
ESP comes with much more than a complete and integrated suite of security compliance and risk management functions:
- Fast, scalable on premise or cloud-based deployment
- Dedicated support and training during system implementation, policy creation, deployment, and reporting
- Currency with global standards and regulatory mandates
- Baseline consulting based on the subscription level
How is Elemental different?
Elemental's unique Cyber Security Platform enables continuous compliance by actually implementing and enforcing the technical security controls mentioned in the NIST 800-171 standard. The solution offers faster time-to-compliance, audit-ready reports, improved network security, ready to deploy security policies and risk assessment — all from one unified easy-to-use web based user interface.
The Bottom Line
Elemental provides a comprehensive framework for deploying and enforcing policies on computing resources that store CUI data. Only the Elemental solution provides the visibility, adaptability and automation necessary to continuously monitor and secure these systems in fast-changing enterprise environments, allowing organizations to effectively demonstrate and maintain compliance with NIST 800-171.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- PCI-DSS Compliance
- HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
- Implementing Role-Based Access Controls
- Protecting Data Against Compromise or Loss
- Managing Security Policies
- Unauthorized Host Containment
"Elemental offers the most comprehensive integrated software platform to achieve, continuously maintain, and control NIST 800-171 security compliance!"